April 6, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Last bit of Montreal before takeoff: smoked meat in a bagel. It’s doesn’t get more local than this. Best airport food I’ve had so far.
- Something more exotic: Jamaican beer. I’ll be honest, it ain’t got shit on the bitter lagers I usually drink up, but in it’s context, it’s a very nice drink to have. 35SPn in the background: it was on beach duty for a part of my trip.
- In Florida, cars are clean. This particular picture shows a set of pristine BMW Z3 M Roadster wheels, dubbed Roadstars. 17×9, et8 in the rear… how’s that for width and low offset? Near impossible to fit on any vehicle without serious bodywork, camber and tire stretch. Check the lip out on these bad boys. It’s the kind of stuff I dream about these days…
- That’s actually a real name for a real shop. Wow.
More pictures of my trip to Miami / the Caribbean via the Carnival Glory are coming up soon… the amount of 30+ shot panos and HDR shots I have to process is kind of slowing down my post-processing routine.
March 10, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Typo or cool new way to spell computer?
- Shouts to Manmade clothing, a little indy brand from New York who screenprints in-house. Ordered two shirts from them the other day, top shelf stuff.
- I can’t believe my Daewoo Lanos. Under a grand of repairs and maintenance over more or less 8 years, original brakes, original ignition, original everything basically. Hopefully it stays that way and I won’t get killed.
- Couldn’t have said it better.
Next week is a special week: I’m going on a cruise in the Caribbeans! For this reason, I won’t be posting up a TWiP next week, but I’ll be back in two weeks!
February 23, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Chunky on BlacKeys B+W.
- Special edition collabo shirt from Defgrip, Animal and rider Edwin Delarosa. Shirt is sick and I’m currently working on getting some laminates done to compliment my Mike Brennan poster.
- It’s this dude’s birthday. Two big tens, a few gulps of straight-up white rum and a couple of random drinks later, he’s out in the freezing rain downtown puking his guts out. Hard stuff.
- Late night snack at the golden arches. You just can’t beat nuggets when it comes to alcohol-induced hunger.
- I’ve been seeing this car all over town but never got a chance to take a picture of it. Can’t get any more gangsta than a murdered out Sebring, right?
Now that I’m actually taking pictures, let’s set a new goal: publish the TWiP post by Monday! See you next Monday !
January 13, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Two weeks later, I finally wake up and compile the iPhone pics I’ve been collecting over the holidays… I’ve had more than enough pictures to continue my weekly tradition, but the TWiP just slipped out of my mind. So, without further ado, this week’s pics taken with a Kaimal Mark II on Alfred Infrared, from left to right and top to bottom.
- The Godefroy’s bar has a particular name that’s sure to make anglophone patrons giggle.
- Kicking it old school with old friends. Playing console games, eating chips and enjoying a fine lager.
- I’ve seen many neckbeards in my days, after all I do attend CEGEP. But this particular one is my favorite. Doum’s the owner of this particular specimen.
- A truck was carrying a couple of those tanks the other day, right on the city’s largest boulevard. I never managed to find out what they contained, but the skull and crossbones seems like a good indication that’s it’s something dangerous.
- Mackin’ the ladies with straight up class. It always works.
- With Wu-tang and this board game, your children are pretty much set for life.
- Poutine is awesome. What happens when you add steak to your poutine. Things too great to be described with words..
- Apparently, this gentleman has not been made aware that you need to stop drinking when alcohol begins to affect your posture.
- Dupuis brothers. Hardcore stuff.
Count this as this week’s TWiP as well… the regular schedule will come back next week.
December 29, 2010 § Leave a Comment
- The traditional Christmas phone call to all the relatives down south in Florida on my mother’s side. This year, my grandma discovered speakerphone, so instead of hollering at the other person so they could speak to whichever relative, everybody was screaming at the phone together!
- After almost a year fit as fiddle, I had to catch a cold right in the harshest time of the year at work. I’ve been drinking DXM sizzurp (in non-insane dosage) for the past week, and it got me back on track real fast!
- Boxing day at work, enough said.
- Tech room locked and loaded with hundreds of thousands of dollars of heavily discounted laptops, ready to roll out.
December 25, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s TWiP had to be delayed due to trouble I had with my phone last week, right in the exam period. A jailbreak package, iRealQuickSMS, managed to somehow corrupt my 3GS’ install of iOS4.1, which made me lose all of the GOLDEN content I had racked up despited being buried under school work. Then I also had trouble with importing my previously purchased Hipstapaks…. anyways, this week’s stuff is Jimmy on Kodot X-Grizzled.
- Ending the night with Pabst at the Nord-Ouest Cafe. Regardless of what you think about PBR, the fact is that is has a certain alcohol content, it’s liquid, and it costs close to nothing. Just what you need when you can’t taste anything anyways.
- Whoever did the design on this thing deserves some kind of design prize. Imagine the dude that has to market urinals with a dong designed into it…
- A coworker of mine was playing around with Boxee, turns out YouPorn is a trending channel. THE INTERNET IS FOR PORN!
- People who tote guns generally consume lots of Tim Hortons. Law enforcement is often seen in Timmy’s across the nation, and I’ve personally witnessed a dude fill his car up with Tim’s for an entire squadron of officer cadets. It’s unreal, it really does become addictive.
Happy holidays to all, be safe so you can enjoy next week’s batch of iPhone pics that will immortalize what will most probably be my most intoxicated Christmas yet.
December 6, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week, Lucifer on Alfred Infrared. I’m starting to run out of combos.
- Boss-man getting his fix of thermal paste. It’s this time of year… people flock up to the stores, managers go bat-shit insane.
- Quebecois winter, it’s on. If snow keeps falling at this pace my car is going to be due for some tie-rods and e-brake cables pretty soon, muhahahahaha.
- A salvaged iPhone 3G I bought. Originally it was supposed to be a present, but plans have changed and now it’s in for a full rebuild and personal use. I really want to get iDroid running on the sucker. Silver back panel, front digitizer/screen assembly, and a plethora of random screws and small parts are currently on order, I’ll probably make a forum post about the rebuild and link it here.
It’s exam week! It’s the holidays! You know what that means for your’s truly… double dosing on school and work simultaneously. Hopefully I won’t have to feed you B-roll next week.
November 19, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo was supposed to be John S. on the brand new limited Edition “DreamCanvas” film, but it really, really looked like shit. Seriously, it was just horrible. So instead, enjoy John S on Float. Don’t mind the fact that I’m almost a week late.
- The good: a Silvia spotted at MChip near work. Clean paint, mint body, good stuff all around. Can’t say I enjoyed the wheels and the way they were fitted, but then again I never really enjoy JDM cars to their fullest I guess.
- The bad: some Cavalier at work. El-cheapo bodykit all around, distasteful door moldings, HUUUUGGGE spoiler that’s just as ugly as it is useless. We got a pretty good laugh at it once we were finished puking every little bit of anything pukeable in our bodies.
- The ugly: my desk during my homework rush that took place all week. Term papers are pretty much all handed in for the most part, so that’s cool, but I really need to learn to start all the stuff BEFORE the deadline closes in. I’ll be better next semester, right? Hahahaha, yeah right.
November 1, 2010 § Leave a Comment
- Urban decay. In the midst of a parking crisis in the CEGEP area, I am welling to bet that a fair share of students would be willing to pay to park in the 50+ slot parking where I took this picture. Also, urban decay makes me think of this. Cop it, it’s good stuff.
- It’s always awesome when you take a person’s computer in telling them a restore won’t be a problem, then you discover that you don’t have the OEM discs and their licence sticker looks like this. In-store techs all across the nation feel my pain.
- On Tuesday, I got the news that I had a very big paper due for today. Many restless nights and 40 pages later, I managed to pull it off on time. Hard shit.
- New shipment of 35mm. Only 1 pack of Pro800Z is mine, the rest is for a friend. Ever since I sold my 645Nii, I have wanted to get my hands a 6×6 medium format cam. You know, something cheap and solid. A beaten as hell (yet functional) Hassy would be nice, but I’d be very content with a Mimaya and a wide lens.
October 24, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo: Lucifer IV on Alfred Infrared.
- Work was insane this week. I’ve been grabbing my ass with both hands at work for the past week or two, and now shit is hitting the fan, the fan is spinning very quickly and the flow of shit is constant. The race to the holidays is on. In a Future Shop, holidays are serious business.
- The gates of hell. Did I mention work was insane?
- I keep finding this kind of things in my coat and not remembering where they came from. That Unibroue cap came from the Blonde de Chambly that almost broke my car key, pretty sure about that one though.
- A weird rust condition on an old car. Bright orange rust, no holes, all surface. Somebody’s making themselves an American winter beater modeled after Rusty?