March 10, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Typo or cool new way to spell computer?
- Shouts to Manmade clothing, a little indy brand from New York who screenprints in-house. Ordered two shirts from them the other day, top shelf stuff.
- I can’t believe my Daewoo Lanos. Under a grand of repairs and maintenance over more or less 8 years, original brakes, original ignition, original everything basically. Hopefully it stays that way and I won’t get killed.
- Couldn’t have said it better.
Next week is a special week: I’m going on a cruise in the Caribbeans! For this reason, I won’t be posting up a TWiP next week, but I’ll be back in two weeks!
March 2, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- The now traditional Monday omelette. 5-6 eggs, an assortment of meats (usually ham and bacon), red onions, metric tons of cheese, and whatever else happens to be in the fridge at the moment pretty much. Protip: a very thick omelette needs to cook slowly if you want to be able to flip it!
- When somebody at a booze-fueled party climbs on some other person’s shoulders, it usually means disaster. But this time, what came out of the ordeal is probably one of my best iPhone pics to date.
- Nothing like cuddling up with your newest acquaintance after a night of debauchery. Do it while you’re young, I was told!
February 23, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Chunky on BlacKeys B+W.
- Special edition collabo shirt from Defgrip, Animal and rider Edwin Delarosa. Shirt is sick and I’m currently working on getting some laminates done to compliment my Mike Brennan poster.
- It’s this dude’s birthday. Two big tens, a few gulps of straight-up white rum and a couple of random drinks later, he’s out in the freezing rain downtown puking his guts out. Hard stuff.
- Late night snack at the golden arches. You just can’t beat nuggets when it comes to alcohol-induced hunger.
- I’ve been seeing this car all over town but never got a chance to take a picture of it. Can’t get any more gangsta than a murdered out Sebring, right?
Now that I’m actually taking pictures, let’s set a new goal: publish the TWiP post by Monday! See you next Monday !
February 17, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- The new hotness over here: taping your cans on on top of the other when you’re finished with them and strutting around drunk as hell with your Pabst Cane of Wisedom. LATFH.
- Yeah, this was totally on purpose. Dude at Mia Pasta cooking up my meal, those guys put on a pretty good show while cooking stuff.
More next week…. I promise!
February 9, 2011 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo, Jimmy on Claunch 72 Monochrome.
- Improvised workbench. I’ve been fixing ‘puters this week, and not just at work. Currently working on a transparent proxy running off pfSense, I’ll post the results if it ever goes live.
- Flash-storm = mega car-cake. The other side was even worst, it was unreal.
- Old-school Apple gear. Some Apple fanboy hipster would probably fork out a month’s worth of food for this baby. It’s fully functional!
- I’m still unsure if this is an easter-egg in memtest or actual errors. Pretty cool.
January 31, 2011 § 3 Comments
Back on the regular schedule. This week’s combo: Helga Viking on Float.
- Ahhh, children have the cutest way of spelling… wait… Yeah, it figures that if you think Hoegaarden is top-shelf beer you probably can’t spell too good.
- Rare spotting: a bone-stock second generation Scirocco. Quebec has very little Sciroccos as it is, don’t mind the fact that I spotted this specimen on one of the coldest days of the harsh Quebecois winters. Unlike most dubs of this generation still on the road like Mk2s, it had surprisingly little rust, and the inside was flawless. This is the kind of car just asking for a purchase offer note in the windshield.
- Chimay, a trappiste ale. Goes in smooth, with a full yet uninvasive aftertaste typical of abbey beers.
- Stouts have competition now. I wasn’t really into beer when I last tasted a Porter, so this one was a total rediscovery.
December 25, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s TWiP had to be delayed due to trouble I had with my phone last week, right in the exam period. A jailbreak package, iRealQuickSMS, managed to somehow corrupt my 3GS’ install of iOS4.1, which made me lose all of the GOLDEN content I had racked up despited being buried under school work. Then I also had trouble with importing my previously purchased Hipstapaks…. anyways, this week’s stuff is Jimmy on Kodot X-Grizzled.
- Ending the night with Pabst at the Nord-Ouest Cafe. Regardless of what you think about PBR, the fact is that is has a certain alcohol content, it’s liquid, and it costs close to nothing. Just what you need when you can’t taste anything anyways.
- Whoever did the design on this thing deserves some kind of design prize. Imagine the dude that has to market urinals with a dong designed into it…
- A coworker of mine was playing around with Boxee, turns out YouPorn is a trending channel. THE INTERNET IS FOR PORN!
- People who tote guns generally consume lots of Tim Hortons. Law enforcement is often seen in Timmy’s across the nation, and I’ve personally witnessed a dude fill his car up with Tim’s for an entire squadron of officer cadets. It’s unreal, it really does become addictive.
Happy holidays to all, be safe so you can enjoy next week’s batch of iPhone pics that will immortalize what will most probably be my most intoxicated Christmas yet.
December 13, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo, Helga Viking on Blanko.
- The crown jewel of Quebecois cuisine… poutine. This particular specimen is a bacon variant from the Snack Bar Normanville right next to school. Needless to say, it put an end to my hunger.
- If you’ve ever been ripped off by a vending machine, you know this scene all too well. Being ripped off by a human being is bad enough… when it’s a machine it’s just worst.
- New toy! Intel Retail Edge’s Holiday Deal gave me the opportunity to upgrade my computer with some SSD hotness for the holiday season. For those who think changing your boot drive isn’t going to have much impact on your systems overall performance , you need to try one of these out. Sub 30 second boot times from button press to Windows, lighting fast loading times, web browsing is even more snappy, multi-tasking is awesome. The difference is mind-blowing, well worth the hefty price tag in my opinion. I’ll have a post up in a while demonstrating the difference in boot times.
- Couche-Tard (Mac’s for all your Anglos) has some of the most awesome advertisement in my opinion. From the border-line provocative ads for Sloche to this insignificant yet hilarious and effective play on words, they keep putting out great ads.
November 29, 2010 § Leave a Comment
- This week I grew tired of my hair, went back to the much-loved milspec cut. Much less hassle in the morning.
- Nightclubbin’. Still don’t get why clubs still buy and use disco balls, these were the pinnacle in the 20s. LED lighting and lasers is where it’s at.
- My brand new Flip SlideHD ordered off Intel’s Retail Edge program. It rests on my wallet so you get an idea of the size. So far I’m pretty happy with the new camera, it performs great in normal indoor lighting as well as in low light. One thing I’m not so stoked about is the narrow FOV, and the jiggle and shake of unstabilized 30 fps progressive. The solution to this is 50$ away: a fisheye mod will widen FOV and at the same time reduce apparent shake. I call it my “camera de brosse”, it’s usually with me in any kind of party situation. Much less expensive than lugging the 35mm Pentax around! More updates on the fisheye mod when I get things done.
- I don’t really think this one needs a description.
November 19, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo was supposed to be John S. on the brand new limited Edition “DreamCanvas” film, but it really, really looked like shit. Seriously, it was just horrible. So instead, enjoy John S on Float. Don’t mind the fact that I’m almost a week late.
- The good: a Silvia spotted at MChip near work. Clean paint, mint body, good stuff all around. Can’t say I enjoyed the wheels and the way they were fitted, but then again I never really enjoy JDM cars to their fullest I guess.
- The bad: some Cavalier at work. El-cheapo bodykit all around, distasteful door moldings, HUUUUGGGE spoiler that’s just as ugly as it is useless. We got a pretty good laugh at it once we were finished puking every little bit of anything pukeable in our bodies.
- The ugly: my desk during my homework rush that took place all week. Term papers are pretty much all handed in for the most part, so that’s cool, but I really need to learn to start all the stuff BEFORE the deadline closes in. I’ll be better next semester, right? Hahahaha, yeah right.