April 24, 2011 § Leave a Comment
The purchase of my Klipsch S3 was pretty much a spur of the moment thing. Two years of accumulated rage against the old Sony earbuds that I owned took its toll, I guess. I use full-sized headphones normally when I’m not in the gym, and rediscovering how crappy my old earphones were when switch between pairs was growing old. On my way to the gym one day, I decided enough was enough, and went to my local Futureshop to purchase some new workout earphones.
April 6, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Last bit of Montreal before takeoff: smoked meat in a bagel. It’s doesn’t get more local than this. Best airport food I’ve had so far.
- Something more exotic: Jamaican beer. I’ll be honest, it ain’t got shit on the bitter lagers I usually drink up, but in it’s context, it’s a very nice drink to have. 35SPn in the background: it was on beach duty for a part of my trip.
- In Florida, cars are clean. This particular picture shows a set of pristine BMW Z3 M Roadster wheels, dubbed Roadstars. 17×9, et8 in the rear… how’s that for width and low offset? Near impossible to fit on any vehicle without serious bodywork, camber and tire stretch. Check the lip out on these bad boys. It’s the kind of stuff I dream about these days…
- That’s actually a real name for a real shop. Wow.
More pictures of my trip to Miami / the Caribbean via the Carnival Glory are coming up soon… the amount of 30+ shot panos and HDR shots I have to process is kind of slowing down my post-processing routine.
March 10, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Typo or cool new way to spell computer?
- Shouts to Manmade clothing, a little indy brand from New York who screenprints in-house. Ordered two shirts from them the other day, top shelf stuff.
- I can’t believe my Daewoo Lanos. Under a grand of repairs and maintenance over more or less 8 years, original brakes, original ignition, original everything basically. Hopefully it stays that way and I won’t get killed.
- Couldn’t have said it better.
Next week is a special week: I’m going on a cruise in the Caribbeans! For this reason, I won’t be posting up a TWiP next week, but I’ll be back in two weeks!
December 25, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s TWiP had to be delayed due to trouble I had with my phone last week, right in the exam period. A jailbreak package, iRealQuickSMS, managed to somehow corrupt my 3GS’ install of iOS4.1, which made me lose all of the GOLDEN content I had racked up despited being buried under school work. Then I also had trouble with importing my previously purchased Hipstapaks…. anyways, this week’s stuff is Jimmy on Kodot X-Grizzled.
- Ending the night with Pabst at the Nord-Ouest Cafe. Regardless of what you think about PBR, the fact is that is has a certain alcohol content, it’s liquid, and it costs close to nothing. Just what you need when you can’t taste anything anyways.
- Whoever did the design on this thing deserves some kind of design prize. Imagine the dude that has to market urinals with a dong designed into it…
- A coworker of mine was playing around with Boxee, turns out YouPorn is a trending channel. THE INTERNET IS FOR PORN!
- People who tote guns generally consume lots of Tim Hortons. Law enforcement is often seen in Timmy’s across the nation, and I’ve personally witnessed a dude fill his car up with Tim’s for an entire squadron of officer cadets. It’s unreal, it really does become addictive.
Happy holidays to all, be safe so you can enjoy next week’s batch of iPhone pics that will immortalize what will most probably be my most intoxicated Christmas yet.
December 6, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week, Lucifer on Alfred Infrared. I’m starting to run out of combos.
- Boss-man getting his fix of thermal paste. It’s this time of year… people flock up to the stores, managers go bat-shit insane.
- Quebecois winter, it’s on. If snow keeps falling at this pace my car is going to be due for some tie-rods and e-brake cables pretty soon, muhahahahaha.
- A salvaged iPhone 3G I bought. Originally it was supposed to be a present, but plans have changed and now it’s in for a full rebuild and personal use. I really want to get iDroid running on the sucker. Silver back panel, front digitizer/screen assembly, and a plethora of random screws and small parts are currently on order, I’ll probably make a forum post about the rebuild and link it here.
It’s exam week! It’s the holidays! You know what that means for your’s truly… double dosing on school and work simultaneously. Hopefully I won’t have to feed you B-roll next week.
November 1, 2010 § Leave a Comment
- Urban decay. In the midst of a parking crisis in the CEGEP area, I am welling to bet that a fair share of students would be willing to pay to park in the 50+ slot parking where I took this picture. Also, urban decay makes me think of this. Cop it, it’s good stuff.
- It’s always awesome when you take a person’s computer in telling them a restore won’t be a problem, then you discover that you don’t have the OEM discs and their licence sticker looks like this. In-store techs all across the nation feel my pain.
- On Tuesday, I got the news that I had a very big paper due for today. Many restless nights and 40 pages later, I managed to pull it off on time. Hard shit.
- New shipment of 35mm. Only 1 pack of Pro800Z is mine, the rest is for a friend. Ever since I sold my 645Nii, I have wanted to get my hands a 6×6 medium format cam. You know, something cheap and solid. A beaten as hell (yet functional) Hassy would be nice, but I’d be very content with a Mimaya and a wide lens.
October 24, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo: Lucifer IV on Alfred Infrared.
- Work was insane this week. I’ve been grabbing my ass with both hands at work for the past week or two, and now shit is hitting the fan, the fan is spinning very quickly and the flow of shit is constant. The race to the holidays is on. In a Future Shop, holidays are serious business.
- The gates of hell. Did I mention work was insane?
- I keep finding this kind of things in my coat and not remembering where they came from. That Unibroue cap came from the Blonde de Chambly that almost broke my car key, pretty sure about that one though.
- A weird rust condition on an old car. Bright orange rust, no holes, all surface. Somebody’s making themselves an American winter beater modeled after Rusty?
October 12, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s lens/film combo is Bettie XL with BlacKeys SuperGrain.
- This wasn’t taken in LA, but here in my hometown, Trois-Rivieres. Not sure who’s rich enough around here to get around in an Escalade the size of a bus.
- Place Laurier’s food court. Natural light is awesome.
- I was kind of being a whore for Say Mayday in that one. The everyman’s emergency trunk stash: extra threads and condoms.
- Shot some pool for the first time in a while this week, at the Crystal Billard Lounge. The waitresses are nice, the beer is inexpensive, the place is generally empty except for a couple hockey poolers and pool sharks, the tables are excessively fast, and best of all, they carry Guinness. A couple of pints and you’ll be playing like Paul fucking Newman.
- Who in there right minds would want a truck on chromed out 24″ fake splits? Fake splits can fuck off.
- I rediscovered Tim Hortons as a tasty, lower cost alternative to Subway for those times when I don’t feel like packing a lunch. Salty, but delicious.
October 3, 2010 § Leave a Comment
A very full week, once again. I’ve grown tired of shuffling the settings on Hipstamatic, so here you go, everything this week was taken with the Helga Viking / Pistil combo.
- Batinsse qui mouille ca va neyer l’ble d’inde.
- Toujours est-il que ca l’a ete un averse comme qu’on aurait jamais pu en voir de plus grosses. Y moullait, eh qui mouillait! Cala pas d’allure, ca tombait en simonake!
- Fall is coming. I aught to load up some of that Kodak ProColor and shoot some stuff in a National Park or something.
- I suffered from a very serious relapse of geeky stuff. The computer recycling place I go to gave me exclusive rights to all the mechanical keyboards that they get in exchange for all the stuff I bring in. I was happy with my Compaq G80 with Cherry Browns, but I am now the proud owner of a classic Dell Model M (buckling springs) and a Dell AT101 ( black Alps). Non-geeks, don’t hate… it’s not just a very loud keyboard, it a whole different computing experience.
- Playing with fire…
- … putting it out like a man.
- Sextuple-world-champ Frank at the beer-pong table. This guy is a menace.
- Vintage auto spottings are pretty rare in Quebec due to the shitty winters, salt, and even shittier roads. This Jag E-Type was mint, probably fresh out of the paint shop or just after a compound by the looks of it. I love the wire wheels.
September 27, 2010 § Leave a Comment
Once again a very busy week. But that’s not an excuse.
- The prize for fucked up computer repair of the week goes to the lady who brought in two desktops, including this very rare Dell XPS from the Pentium 4 Extreme era which sports a totally non-standard BTX, proprietary power connections and a 1U server PSU in an awesome switchblade case. That’s museum-grade stuff right there.
- Semi-homemade chili and fries. Inexpensive, yummy, excessively hard to eat.
- They’re here! The 2011 MK6 Jettas have landed on the Canadian east coast! I like the more aggressive front end that contrasts with the MK5s. I’m looking forward to see if the Boser hood trend that has been pretty strong on previous generation VWs will survive on this new body… there isn’t much headlight to cover.