April 6, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Last bit of Montreal before takeoff: smoked meat in a bagel. It’s doesn’t get more local than this. Best airport food I’ve had so far.
- Something more exotic: Jamaican beer. I’ll be honest, it ain’t got shit on the bitter lagers I usually drink up, but in it’s context, it’s a very nice drink to have. 35SPn in the background: it was on beach duty for a part of my trip.
- In Florida, cars are clean. This particular picture shows a set of pristine BMW Z3 M Roadster wheels, dubbed Roadstars. 17×9, et8 in the rear… how’s that for width and low offset? Near impossible to fit on any vehicle without serious bodywork, camber and tire stretch. Check the lip out on these bad boys. It’s the kind of stuff I dream about these days…
- That’s actually a real name for a real shop. Wow.
More pictures of my trip to Miami / the Caribbean via the Carnival Glory are coming up soon… the amount of 30+ shot panos and HDR shots I have to process is kind of slowing down my post-processing routine.
March 10, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- Typo or cool new way to spell computer?
- Shouts to Manmade clothing, a little indy brand from New York who screenprints in-house. Ordered two shirts from them the other day, top shelf stuff.
- I can’t believe my Daewoo Lanos. Under a grand of repairs and maintenance over more or less 8 years, original brakes, original ignition, original everything basically. Hopefully it stays that way and I won’t get killed.
- Couldn’t have said it better.
Next week is a special week: I’m going on a cruise in the Caribbeans! For this reason, I won’t be posting up a TWiP next week, but I’ll be back in two weeks!
March 2, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- The now traditional Monday omelette. 5-6 eggs, an assortment of meats (usually ham and bacon), red onions, metric tons of cheese, and whatever else happens to be in the fridge at the moment pretty much. Protip: a very thick omelette needs to cook slowly if you want to be able to flip it!
- When somebody at a booze-fueled party climbs on some other person’s shoulders, it usually means disaster. But this time, what came out of the ordeal is probably one of my best iPhone pics to date.
- Nothing like cuddling up with your newest acquaintance after a night of debauchery. Do it while you’re young, I was told!
February 23, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Chunky on BlacKeys B+W.
- Special edition collabo shirt from Defgrip, Animal and rider Edwin Delarosa. Shirt is sick and I’m currently working on getting some laminates done to compliment my Mike Brennan poster.
- It’s this dude’s birthday. Two big tens, a few gulps of straight-up white rum and a couple of random drinks later, he’s out in the freezing rain downtown puking his guts out. Hard stuff.
- Late night snack at the golden arches. You just can’t beat nuggets when it comes to alcohol-induced hunger.
- I’ve been seeing this car all over town but never got a chance to take a picture of it. Can’t get any more gangsta than a murdered out Sebring, right?
Now that I’m actually taking pictures, let’s set a new goal: publish the TWiP post by Monday! See you next Monday !
February 17, 2011 § Leave a Comment
- The new hotness over here: taping your cans on on top of the other when you’re finished with them and strutting around drunk as hell with your Pabst Cane of Wisedom. LATFH.
- Yeah, this was totally on purpose. Dude at Mia Pasta cooking up my meal, those guys put on a pretty good show while cooking stuff.
More next week…. I promise!
February 9, 2011 § Leave a Comment
This week’s combo, Jimmy on Claunch 72 Monochrome.
- Improvised workbench. I’ve been fixing ‘puters this week, and not just at work. Currently working on a transparent proxy running off pfSense, I’ll post the results if it ever goes live.
- Flash-storm = mega car-cake. The other side was even worst, it was unreal.
- Old-school Apple gear. Some Apple fanboy hipster would probably fork out a month’s worth of food for this baby. It’s fully functional!
- I’m still unsure if this is an easter-egg in memtest or actual errors. Pretty cool.
January 31, 2011 § 3 Comments
Back on the regular schedule. This week’s combo: Helga Viking on Float.
- Ahhh, children have the cutest way of spelling… wait… Yeah, it figures that if you think Hoegaarden is top-shelf beer you probably can’t spell too good.
- Rare spotting: a bone-stock second generation Scirocco. Quebec has very little Sciroccos as it is, don’t mind the fact that I spotted this specimen on one of the coldest days of the harsh Quebecois winters. Unlike most dubs of this generation still on the road like Mk2s, it had surprisingly little rust, and the inside was flawless. This is the kind of car just asking for a purchase offer note in the windshield.
- Chimay, a trappiste ale. Goes in smooth, with a full yet uninvasive aftertaste typical of abbey beers.
- Stouts have competition now. I wasn’t really into beer when I last tasted a Porter, so this one was a total rediscovery.
January 13, 2011 § Leave a Comment
Two weeks later, I finally wake up and compile the iPhone pics I’ve been collecting over the holidays… I’ve had more than enough pictures to continue my weekly tradition, but the TWiP just slipped out of my mind. So, without further ado, this week’s pics taken with a Kaimal Mark II on Alfred Infrared, from left to right and top to bottom.
- The Godefroy’s bar has a particular name that’s sure to make anglophone patrons giggle.
- Kicking it old school with old friends. Playing console games, eating chips and enjoying a fine lager.
- I’ve seen many neckbeards in my days, after all I do attend CEGEP. But this particular one is my favorite. Doum’s the owner of this particular specimen.
- A truck was carrying a couple of those tanks the other day, right on the city’s largest boulevard. I never managed to find out what they contained, but the skull and crossbones seems like a good indication that’s it’s something dangerous.
- Mackin’ the ladies with straight up class. It always works.
- With Wu-tang and this board game, your children are pretty much set for life.
- Poutine is awesome. What happens when you add steak to your poutine. Things too great to be described with words..
- Apparently, this gentleman has not been made aware that you need to stop drinking when alcohol begins to affect your posture.
- Dupuis brothers. Hardcore stuff.
Count this as this week’s TWiP as well… the regular schedule will come back next week.
December 29, 2010 § Leave a Comment
- The traditional Christmas phone call to all the relatives down south in Florida on my mother’s side. This year, my grandma discovered speakerphone, so instead of hollering at the other person so they could speak to whichever relative, everybody was screaming at the phone together!
- After almost a year fit as fiddle, I had to catch a cold right in the harshest time of the year at work. I’ve been drinking DXM sizzurp (in non-insane dosage) for the past week, and it got me back on track real fast!
- Boxing day at work, enough said.
- Tech room locked and loaded with hundreds of thousands of dollars of heavily discounted laptops, ready to roll out.
December 25, 2010 § Leave a Comment
This week’s TWiP had to be delayed due to trouble I had with my phone last week, right in the exam period. A jailbreak package, iRealQuickSMS, managed to somehow corrupt my 3GS’ install of iOS4.1, which made me lose all of the GOLDEN content I had racked up despited being buried under school work. Then I also had trouble with importing my previously purchased Hipstapaks…. anyways, this week’s stuff is Jimmy on Kodot X-Grizzled.
- Ending the night with Pabst at the Nord-Ouest Cafe. Regardless of what you think about PBR, the fact is that is has a certain alcohol content, it’s liquid, and it costs close to nothing. Just what you need when you can’t taste anything anyways.
- Whoever did the design on this thing deserves some kind of design prize. Imagine the dude that has to market urinals with a dong designed into it…
- A coworker of mine was playing around with Boxee, turns out YouPorn is a trending channel. THE INTERNET IS FOR PORN!
- People who tote guns generally consume lots of Tim Hortons. Law enforcement is often seen in Timmy’s across the nation, and I’ve personally witnessed a dude fill his car up with Tim’s for an entire squadron of officer cadets. It’s unreal, it really does become addictive.
Happy holidays to all, be safe so you can enjoy next week’s batch of iPhone pics that will immortalize what will most probably be my most intoxicated Christmas yet.